Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am not YSR's friend: Vundavalli

Hithero, everybody was of the view that Rajahmundry MP Vundavalli Arun Kumar was the staunch loyalist of former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, besides his friend and advisor.




In fact, Vundavalli himself told the media the other day that YSR used to share all his internal issues with him and both of them had planned several programmes. “I was so close to YSR that whenever Sonia came to the state and addressed public meetings, he used to ensure that I get the seat next to her on the dais, since I was to translate her speech.



And he used to reprimand me, when I exceeded his brief some times on the party issues,” Vundavalli recalled.



So, it was surprising that such a great friend of YSR disowned him. On Saturday, Vundavalli in his open letter to former Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy claimed that he was not a friend of YSR at all. “Let me recall here, for your sake, a fact that you may not be aware of. Your channel has shown an episode titled “betrayal of friendship.” For your kind information, I was never a friend of YSR nor claimed to be one anywhere anytime. I was only his follower,” he said.



He said the relationship between YSR and him was that of a party leader and activist. “Whether he was in power or out of power, when he was the Chief Minister or otherwise, I was his follower. Therefore, I always used to called him as “leader.” There need be no further explanation in this regard,” he said.



He said he would not mind if Jagan brand him whatever he wanted to – a betrayer of friendship, loyalty or trust. “It does not matter to me. What kind of a trust YSR had in me or how was I held in his opinion and his comments on my character etc., shall be disclosed to you in person when the need arises at an appropriate time,” Vundavalli said